Terms and Conditions
This is a service agreement between YOU (the “Client”) and Blue Star Host LTD (the “Contractor”)
History of Changes
This version of the Agreement was first published on 9th June 2019.
For the current version of Terms and Conditions please visit Terms and Conditions page.
The Client is of the opinion that the Contractor has the necessary qualifications, experience and abilities to provide computer services to the Client.
The Contractor is agreeable to providing such computer services to the Client on the terms and conditions set out in this Agreement.
In consideration of the matters described above and of the mutual benefits and obligations set forth in this Agreement, the receipt and sufficiency of which consideration is hereby acknowledged, the Client and the Contractor (individually the “Party” and collectively the “Parties” to this Agreement) agree as follows:
- The Client hereby agrees to engage the Contractor to provide the Client with the following computer services (the “Services”):
- deploy and maintain a website on a server host and ensure it is accessible through Internet;
- provide e-mail service to the client;
- take backups of the website data and client e-mails;
- apply measures to protect data that belongs to the Client from unauthorised modification and access.
- The Services will also include any other computer tasks which the Parties may agree on. The Contractor hereby agrees to provide such Services to the Client.
Terms of Agreement
- The term of this Agreement (the “Term”) will begin on the date the Client accepts this Agreement by purchasing or ordering a service from the Contractor and will remain in full force and effect indefinitely until terminated as provided in this Agreement.
- In the event that either Party wishes to terminate this Agreement, that Party can do so immediately by serving written notice on the other Party.
- In the event that either Party breaches a material provision under this Agreement, the non-defaulting Party may terminate this Agreement immediately.
- The defaulting Party may be liable to compensate the non-defaulting Party for the amount up to 1 monthly free for the Services provided by the Contractor.
- Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, the obligations of the Contractor will end upon the termination of this Agreement.
- The Parties agree to do everything necessary to ensure that the terms of this Agreement take effect.
- All monetary amounts referred to in this Agreement are in the currency used by the Client while purchasing or ordering the Services from the Contractor.
- If currency cannot be established in such way, it is presumed to be British Pound (GBP).
- The Contractor will charge the Client for the Services according to the price plan selected by the Client while purchasing or ordering the Services (the “Payment”).
- Invoices submitted by the Contractor to the Client are due upon receipt unless specified otherwise.
- The Contractor will be responsible for value added tax (VAT) and income tax liabilities and National Insurance or similar contributions relating to the Payment and the Contractor will indemnify the Client in respect of any such payments required to be made by the Client.
- The Contractor will be solely responsible for the payment of all remuneration and benefits due to the employees of the Contractor, including any National Insurance, income tax and any other form of taxation or social security costs.
Reimbursement of Expenses
- The Contractor will be reimbursed from time to time for reasonable and necessary expenses incurred by the Contractor in connection with providing the Services such as renewing domain name registration and purchasing an SSL certificate.
- All expenses must be pre-approved by the Client.
Penalties for Late Payment
- The Contractor may request that late payment triggers a free of 1% per month on the amount still owned on the last day of the month.
- The Contractor must invoice the Client for any late payment fees.
- Confidential information (the “Confidential Information”) refers to any data or information relating to the business of the Client which would reasonably be considered to be proprietary to the Client including, but not limited to, accounting records, business processes, and client records and that is not generally known in the industry of the Client and where the release of that Confidential Information could reasonably be expected to cause harm to the Client.
- The Contractor agrees that they will not disclose, divulge, reveal, report or use, for any purpose, any Confidential Information which the Contractor has obtained, except as authorised by the Client or as required by law. The obligations of confidentiality will apply during the Term and will end on the termination of this Agreement except in the case of any Confidential Information which is a trade secret in which case those obligations will last indefinitely.
- All written and oral information and material disclosed or provided by the Client to the Contractor under this Agreement is Confidential Information regardless of whether it was provided before or after the date of this Agreement or how it was provided to the Contractor.
Ownership of Intellectual Property
- All intellectual property and related material, including any trade secrets, moral rights, goodwill, relevant registrations or applications for registration, and rights in any patent, copyright, trade mark, trade dress, industrial design and trade name (the “Intellectual Property”) that is developed or produced under this Agreement, will be the sole property of the Contractor unless agreed otherwise in writing. The use of the Intellectual Property by the Client will be restricted to extend necessary for provision of the Services.
- The Client will be responsible for any and all damages resulting from the unauthorised use of the Intellectual Property.
Return of Property
- Upon the expiry or termination of this Agreement, the Contractor will return to the Client any property, documentation, records, or Confidential Information which is the property of the Client.
Capacity / Independent Contractor
- In providing the Services under this Agreement it is expressly agreed that the Contractor is acting as an independent contractor and not as an employee. The Contractor and the Client acknowledge that this Agreement does not create a partnership or joint venture between them, and is exclusively a contract for service.
- All notices, requests, demands or other communications required or permitted by the terms of this Agreement can be given in writing or communicated via alternative means including but not limiting telephone conversations, in-person meetings and chats via Social Media networks such as Facebook, WhatsApp, Telegram.
- The Contractor postal address is:
Blue Star Host LTD 71-75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden London United Kingdom WC2H 9JQ
- Except to the extent paid in settlement from any applicable insurance policies, and to the extent permitted by applicable law, each Party agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the other Party, and its respective directors, shareholders, affiliates, officers, agents, employees, and permitted successors and assigns against any and all claims, losses, damages, liabilities, penalties, punitive damages, expenses, reasonable legal fees and costs of any kind or amount whatsoever, which result from or arise out of any act or omission of the indemnifying party, its respective directors, shareholders, affiliates, officers, agents, employees, and permitted successors and assigns that occurs in connection with this Agreement. This indemnification will survive the termination of this Agreement.
Modifications of Agreement
- The Contractor may amend or modify this Agreement. The Client may reject any such amendments or modifications by terminating the Agreement on terms and conditions agreed between the Parties.
- If the Client continues consuming the Services beyond the next payment due date, the Client accepts and agrees with the new version of the Agreement.
Time of the Essence
- Time is of the essence in this Agreement. No extension or variation of this Agreement will operate as a waiver of this provision.
- The Contractor will not voluntarily, or by operation of law, assign or otherwise transfer its obligations under this Agreement without the prior written consent of the Client.
- It is agreed that there is no representation, warranty, collateral agreement or condition affecting this Agreement except as expressly provided in this Agreement.
- This Agreement will enure to the benefit of and be binding on the Parties and their respective heirs, executors, administrators and permitted successors and assigns.
Titles / Headings
- Headings are inserted for the convenience of the Parties only and are not to be considered when interpreting this Agreement.
- Words in the singular mean and include the plural and vice versa. Words in the masculine mean and include the feminine and vice versa.
- This Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England.
- In the event that any of the provisions of this Agreement are held to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, all other provisions will nevertheless continue to be valid and enforceable with the invalid or unenforceable parts severed from the remainder of this Agreement.
- The waiver by either Party of a breach, default, delay or omission of any of the provisions of this Agreement by the other Party will not be construed as a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or other provisions.